Monday, June 9, 2008

Chapter 11: The Temp Agency Part B

I'm like a temp whore. My name is registered with so many temp agencies all throughout the country, I feel like I’m the Jason Bourne of corporate-staffing America.

Every temp agency asks you to take exams on Microsoft Office and Excel. What they don’t know is that every temp agency gives you the same exam. So, if you get to see your errors from a previous test, you're golden by the time you take another one via pure memorization.

Needless to say, I aced those exams and performed my typing exam quite well with my eyes closed. (I was hungover, after all, and may have done some “wake and bake” action to subdue the nausea.) Most typing exams have the same text. ("Here at [insert name of Agency] is it always important to listen to your supervisor…")

I finished the exam and went back into the waiting room and sat next to another woman waiting. She was wearing an expensive pants suit, leather shoes, and reading Variety. As I concluded in my mind, "I never want to be like her", the man who would change my perspective on Hollywood entered.

"Rebecca?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm on the edge of my seat!