Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chapter 16

Fuck.

I am working in someone's home again.

Her shirt was tucked into her underwear. I didn't say anything. Maybe this was in style.

I put out my hand to shake hers. She practically tapped it and asked me to take off my shoes before I entered the house.

So much for my heels! My outfit was ruined. I hate Hollywood.

I stepped inside her kitchen and a slew of rodent-puppy-ankle-biters approached me like the gang in She-Devils on Wheels. They were barking so much; their eyes were going to pop out of their heads. I swear, to this day, I saw a tiny turd pop out of one of them as they howled at me.

Susan Ellen yelled something at me, but I couldn’t hear over the puppies’ explosive yelps.

"What?"

"Put down your bag. The dogs don’t like purses."

The dogs don’t like purses…

I put down my bag by the door and entered the twilight zone.

No comments: